Motoklik is a data logger, or data acquisition system designed to work for motocross, supercross and enduro. It records suspension position, suspension speed, and satellite enabled lap-timing data. This data can be easily reviewed through the Motoklik app, and uploaded to the Motoklik online dashboard. All of the data that has been uploaded to the dashboard, can be reviewed remotely by your suspension technician.
The motocross data logger has 4 main parts:
- Central Control Unit (CCU) located between the triple clamps and behind the front number plate.
- Satellite Position Antenna located on the handlebar.
- Front Suspension Measurement Wand located on the left fork leg.
- Rear Suspension Measurement Pack located between the frame and brake master cylinder.
The above pictures illustrates how the Motoklik motocross data logger system is presented to you the customer.
- Motoklik Central Control unit. This unit is used to distribute power to each of the sensors, record the data from those sensors, and transmit the data via Bluetooth to the mobile app. The unit also contains a 1000mAh 3.7v Lithium battery.
- Satellite Position Antenna. The antenna is used to identify and fix to satellites to calculate the current antenna position in latitude, longitude and altitude, and calculate the speed the antenna is moving. The unit also has a clear button cap that can be illuminated in green and red. Flashing red indicates the antenna is trying to obtain a satellite fix, flashing green indicates the satellite is fixed, and solid green indicates that the Motoklik is recording data.
- Front Suspension Wand. The wand houses an array of sensors that determine the front suspensions position based off of the relative position of a magnet located in no. 5, the front magnet housing.
- Rear Suspension Sensor. The rear sensor houses an array of sensors that determine the rear suspensions position based off of the relative position of a magnet located in no. 6, the rear magnet housing.
- Front Magnet Holder. The holder encloses a 15mm x 5mm Neodymium disc magnet, and connects to the front fork guard of the motorcycle. This part replaces the front brake line clamp holder.
- Rear Magnet Holder. The holder encloses a 15mm x 5mm Neodymium disc magnet, and connects to the swingarm on the rear of the motorcycle. It is held in position by bolts used for holding the rear brake line guide in position and / or a cable tie(s).
- Power Supply Cable. The cable assembly is made up of three components, the Motoklik connector, the OBD connector (8), and the fuse (9).
- OBD Connector. This connector plugs directly into the motorcycles wiring harness and is used to draw a 12v power supply from the motorcycle which is used to power the Motoklik. The power supply from the motorcycle is on a relay which turns off after a certain period when the engine is not running e.g. 30 seconds. When the power supply is removed, the Motoklik device is powered by the internal battery for 10 minutes, and then it turns off also. The Motoklik will not drain the motorcycles battery.
- Fuse. The power supply cable also includes a 1A blade type fuse to keep power consumption below 15w.
The data recorded by the Motoklik device is downloaded to the Motoklik mobile app via Bluetooth. The app has 6 basic features:
- Lap Timing analysis calculated from the satellite position data.
- Section Timing analysis calculated from the satellite position data.
- Front and Rear suspension position data.
- Bottoming identification to identify where on the track the suspension is using most of the available displacement.
- Bottoming analysis to determine if it is an issue with the front or rear of the suspension, and at what speed the suspension is moving.
- Live Suspension Sag which allows the user to check the front and rear suspension position in real time.
Motoklik also includes a cloud enabled online dashboard for advanced suspension data analytics.
This picture shows the online dashboard view for the Motoklik advanced analytics platform. The dashboard has been designed for suspension technician users to get the most value from.
The dashboard allows users to upload their data to a cloud enabled centralised database and share the data with a suspension technician of their choice. The suspension technician must subscribe to the Motoklik service to access other user’s data. The dashboard contains the following graphs:
- Session Map – Satellite position outline of the circuit for that session.
- Suspension Speed – Histogram of front and rear suspension speed for compression and rebound movement.
- Average Suspension Speed – Column Chart of front or rear suspension speed for compression and rebound movement across the full stroke of the suspension.
- Shock Position – Box Plot of front and rear suspension position for compression and rebound movement.
- Shock Speed – Box Plot of front and rear suspension speed for compression and rebound movement.
- Custom Analytics – the user can choose to view whichever data they would like from satellite position, front and rear suspension data. The data can be viewed in 4 different graph types; Point, Line, Density and Box Plot.
- Any two sessions can also be compared on two graphs at the same time.
Sharing Management is for subscription users to request to see other user’s data.
The Motoklik TW1.0 product is currently designed for use with the latest model 4-stroke motocross motorcycles from GasGas, Honda, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, KTM, and Yamaha.
The kits are designed to work with standard suspension, and kit suspension such as the WP Cone Valve 48 & Trax Shock, WP XACT PRO and Öhlins kits.
Systems for KTM enduro models are under development and will be available soon.